Millions of Americans lose one or more adult teeth at some point in their life, whether due to traumatic accidents, untreated disease, or dental neglect. Dental implants provide an effective way to replace missing teeth and restore your beautiful, confident smile. At Keystone OMS, we are pleased to provide dental implant placement for patients from Butler, PA.
Why Dental Implants?
Dental implants are widely considered the most popular option for replacing missing teeth. The implant itself is a titanium rod, surgically inserted into the jawbone to replace the lost tooth root. Once healed, the implant is completed with a connective piece called an abutment, followed by a porcelain replacement tooth. In other words, dental implants offer comprehensive, root-to-crown tooth restoration.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Implants offer a number of benefits when compared to other tooth replacement methods. Some of these benefits include:
- Dental implants are a permanent part of your smile, fusing with the surrounding bone through a process called osseointegration, ensuring long-lasting results.
- Because they replace your tooth roots, dental implants provide greater stability and security than dentures or bridges, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods like normal.
- Dental implants, when they replace individual teeth, can be cleaned with brushing and flossing, just like your natural teeth.
- Since they replace the roots of your lost teeth, dental implants prevent your jawbone from shrinking, preserving the health of your remaining natural teeth.
- Assuming the right hygiene and care, your dental implants can last far longer than other tooth replacement methods. The prostheses may need replacement eventually, but the implants themselves should be permanent.
- Getting dental implants does not require any of your healthy adjacent teeth to be sanded, shaved, or removed. As such, implants preserve the natural beauty of your smile.
The Dental Implants Process
What is it like to get dental implants placed? For most patients, the process looks something like this:
- Your treatment journey will begin when you meet with Dr. Clemenza for a one-on-one consultation. This allows the doctor to evaluate your teeth and jaw, verifying you are a good candidate for dental implants.
- In some cases, you may need separate treatments to prepare your mouth for successful implant placement. For example, you may need to have unhealthy teeth extracted, or you may need bone grafting.
- On the day of your surgery, Dr. Clemenza will administer anesthesia, promoting your comfort and safety throughout the process. Ensure that you have someone with you to provide a ride home.
- It will take several weeks for your implants to fully heal, fusing in place with the surrounding bone. Follow all the dietary guidelines provided for you during the recovery process.
- When your recovery process is complete and your dental implants are fully fused to your jaw, Dr. Clemenza will add your abutments and restorations to the implants to complete your new smile.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Ultimately, the only way to confirm your eligibility for a safe and successful dental implant placement is to have a consultation with a board-certified surgeon like Dr. Clemenza.
Generally speaking, the best candidates for dental implant placement:
- Are in good health overall, without any underlying conditions that would lead to heightened surgical risks.
- Have good oral health overall, without any untreated periodontal disease.
- Have adequate bone density in their jaw or are willing to have new bone regenerated via a bone graft.
- Are able to brush and floss regularly and to stay up to date with routine dental checkups.
Explore The Dental Implant Options for Butler, PA
Tooth loss can be discouraging, but it never has to be permanent. Keystone OMS provides comprehensive dental implant treatment, making it possible to restore your confident, healthy, natural-looking smile. Learn more about getting dental implants near Butler, PA today. Contact us online or call (724) 981-8884 today!